Monday, July 28, 2008

Handmade Jewelry: Simple Steps to Creating Wearable Art

Welcome to wonderful world of jewelry making!




My friends describe me as "quirky" and when they say that, they mean it in the best way possible - strikingly unconventional. So, around 1996, I decided I wanted to start making my own jewelry. I didn't like what I saw in the stores, so I wanted to make my own. I was living in Tucson, Arizona at the time, home of the world's largest gem, jewelry and bead shows and the area was and still is always full of ideas and raw materials.

Carol Grape's Handmade Jewelry: Simple Steps to Creating Wearable Art was the book I picked up. It's the first book I ever bought on jewelrymaking and although a bit dated now, it's quirky, DIY style was and is just right.

No comments: